This was Gavin, waiting to say the blessing on our food yesterday after church.
He was being very patient, but clearly, getting perturbed while I took a picture of this
(for no real reason, other than the fact that it looked so good!):
What a guy!
A couple of weeks ago, we were walking through Dillards at the mall, and Gavin stopped at a display of Spiderman watches and said, "Wait a minute--these distracted me."
Ellie was sitting in my room with a bunch of Gavin's little toys surrounding her (action figures, cars, dinosaurs), and she started putting them, one by one, into a little storage bin. We cheered and clapped, and she smiled. The next day, she did the same thing in Gavin's room. And Gavin said, "Hey, I have an idea... how about if Ellie cleans up ALL MY MESSES from now on!"
This morning, Ellie was fussing while I was changing her diaper, and Gavin goes, "Ellie, what's the MADAGASCAR?"
Gavin was enjoying an orange Tootsie roll, and I asked him if he'd tried the blue ones--they're vanilla... He hadn't, so he unwrapped one & popped it into his mouth, then said, "I see your point, Mom--these are yummy!"
Another new nickname Gavin coined for Ellie: "EL DORADO" (We'd checked out the animated movie, El Dorado, from the library last month, and he watched it SEVERAL times while we were in Yellowstone.)
He's said this for awhile (dates back to Las Vegas), but it's recently resurfaced: "Furrrrrrrr, I'm cold." If you tell him it's actually "Brrrrrrr...," he says, "No, I'm cold, so I need some FURRRR!"
A common part of Gavin's vocabulary these days: "FACTILLY" (as far as we can tell, it's a cross between "In fact" and "actually." He uses it a few times a day, and correcting him doesn't make a difference... yet. It's kinda cute. For example, tonight, I wanted him to finish the food on his dinner plate, and he said, "I can't eat anymore. FACTILLY, I'm full."
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment