Monday, August 22, 2011

The rest of Gavin's first day of kindergarten

So, there wasn't enough space on the Day by Day blog for all of today's photos or details. Yes, this kid started kindergarten, but we captured so much more (and didn't even capture it all). Gavin has afternoon kindergarten this year starting at 12:50, getting out at 3:45. So all morning, he was just giddy & kept asking how many more minutes until we could go! Finally, it was time. Darin came home & met us to take Gavin to his first day of SCHOOL without the PRE. Gavin had a permagrin all the way there (while Ellie was glued to the movie, Up.) For budgetary reasons, the school district cut out all middle of the day bussing, so morning kindergarten kids can catch the bus to school, but have to be picked up afterwards, and afternoon kids have to be driven to school and then can take the bus home.
Shortly after I got home, I got a call from Darin that he had run out of gas on his way back to work... so we made an unexpected trip to rescue him with a gas can. No big deal--Greyson likes driving around.
 We finally got our first tomato from one of our two plants. While Gavin was at school, I started the dough for his requested first day of school dinner: pizza twists. It was something one of my visiting teachers had brought us when Greyson was born, and Gavin just loved them. I got the recipe & made them for the first time today. Meanwhile, I almost forgot I needed to go meet Gavin's bus! It drops him off around 4:20. I made it to the bus stop with a few minutes to spare, but had forgotten the camera... I'll plan to get a bus photo one day later this week.
Gavin had a great first day. His friend, Braxon is in his class, and his friend, Cade from last year's preschool is in another afternoon class, so he got to play with him at recess. He said he also made some new friends at recess (but he didn't know their names yet), and in class, they played some games, his teacher read them a book & they had chocolate milk. He brought home a couple of finished worksheets--there was no homework tonight! I got this report while I finished making dinner, & Gavin fed Greyson a bottle--his second time ever. He does a good job!
Getting ready to enjoy his pizza twist... Darin tickled him in the ribs to get this big smile.
 Ellie likes them too.
Gavin's other request for today's FHE treat: Snickerdoodles!
 After dinner & FHE, Darin mowed the lawn, Gavin played with our neighbor, Liv, across the street, & Ellie wanted to "RIDE-A-BIKE." We stuffed Gavin's helmet for her & put her on... she was in heaven.
 After Gavin & Ellie had a bath & were tucked in, Greyson (previously ignored by the camera today) had a little photo shoot of his own. All in all, it was a very good day. We are blessed with 3 great kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment