Monday, July 26, 2010

What's So Funny!

So, for several months we've been toting around a rumpled, jotted-down list of funny things Gavin has said or done. We haven't been as good at jotting things down lately, but it seems like we crack up daily at SOMETHING! Such a fun age... Anyway, I've decided to finally put these in a post before the list gets lost, or so much time passes that my notes don't even make sense anymore (some already fall into that category)... here goes!

**********************************************************************
Me: "Gavin, could you bring this upstairs?"
Gavin: "I can't... I'm too lazy."
**********************************************************************
One night, eating some homemade soup for dinner, Darin said, "This is really good, Ang..."
Gavin (with a "don't want to hurt your feelings" expression on his face): "Actually... I made it."
**********************************************************************
Gavin was on the loveseat in the front living room, looking out the window (I THOUGHT).
Gavin: "Is that a bug?" (The neighbors across the street have a VW Bug).
From across the room, I looked & said, "No, it's a Ford Focus."
Gavin: "No, THIS!"
Me: "It's a different kind of car."
Gavin: "No Mom, come here!"
I came over to see what he was talking about--turns out there was a shriveled up spider in the window sill.
************************************************************************
Sitting down to dinner... Gavin says, "FOOD ANYONE???"
************************************************************************
Ellie was lying down on a blanket on the floor (before she could get around), and Gavin was over her, talking to her, when Ellie sneezed.
Gavin: "She BLESSED on me!"
************************************************************************
Along with Darin's old Star Wars figurines, Gavin also inherited a little ET figurine. One day he was playing with him & said, "Come on, CTR, lets go!"
************************************************************************
Darin: "Come here, Gavin, I've got a job for you."
Gavin: "What is it... EAT CANDY?"
************************************************************************
After slicing up an apple for Gavin, he said, "Thanks for APPLING my tummy!"
************************************************************************
Speaking of tummies... There was a period of a couple months when Gavin would say, "My tummy wants me to______________________ (fill in the blank). It didn't always have to refer to food... sometimes he'd say, "my tummy wants me to go to the park..." or "my tummy wants me to stay up for 5 more minutes..." Like his tummy was IN CONTROL of everything. We started telling him that maybe he shouldn't always listen to his tummy... Then he said, "Yeah, I won't listen to my tummy--I'll listen to my heart. Because my tummy tells me to do bad things, and my heart tells me to do good things."
*************************************************************************
Gavin's nicknames for Ellie include (but are not limited to):
  1. EL (most popular)
  2. Ellie Vader
  3. Ellie phant
  4. Ellington
  5. Pet Leopard
  6. Little cutie
  7. Mooshu
  8. Smoothie
***************************************************************************
Bringing me a walkie talkie from the pair, so we could talk from different rooms, "Mom, here's your WACKY TACKY!"
***************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment