So, with all the moving prep & then actually moving, Gavin's birthday came & went, and I just realized it deserved more recognition on the blog than a couple photos of the day. He's FOUR, after all! Gavin is our number one... We're so glad he came to our family & made Darin & me a dad & a mom--we love him sooo much! At four years old, he's now living in his fourth State! He's very mature (most of the time) and adaptable (good thing!). He's also very inquisitive AND perceptive. Not much gets by him! He's a good brother too. He really plays with Ellie, and he can make her laugh any time. His birthday was just over a month ago now... plenty of time for him to settle into the rigors of being four. So today, while Ellie was taking her afternoon nap, I asked him the questions below in BOLD and typed his answers as he gave them. (I found some of these questions online. Remember, the BOLD is me asking the question, and Gavin's answers are in quotes below):
What is something I always say to you?
"You love me!"
What makes me happy?
"Giving me kisses"What makes me sad?
"If you forgot to read me a book"
How do I make you laugh?
"By laughing"
How old am I?
"About 6"
How tall am I?
"Uh, 6?"
What is my favorite thing to do?
"Make food"
What do I do when you’re not around?
"Eat food without me"
What am I really good at?
"Turning on the Wii"
What am I not really good at?
"Uh, making fire?"What is my job?
"Hmmm... turning on the Wii!" (sensing a pattern here?)What is my favorite food?
"Burgers!"
What makes me proud of you?
"Getting potty trained?"
What do you and I do together?
"Like... playing the wii? Sort of that."
How are we the same?
"Because my shirt has yellow and your shirt has yellow!"How are you and I different?
"Your hair is long and my hair is short"
How do you know that I love you?
"Because your heart loves me" What is your favorite thing to do?
"Playing with all my toys"
What is your favorite color?
"Yellow & orange"
What is your favorite food?
"Watermelon & cheese"
What is your favorite book?
"The bunny one" (Guess How Much I Love You)
What is your favorite TV show?
"Wonder Pets"
What is your favorite movie?
"I like EVERY movie"
But if you could only pick one?
"Brother Bear"
What is your favorite animal?
"Elephants"
What are your favorite clothes?
"My yellow shirts"
What is your favorite cereal?
"Lucky Charms"
What is your favorite vegetable?
"Carrots"
What is your favorite drink?
"Milk & water"
What is your favorite dessert?
"Mint brownies" (we just made some the other night... and he DID love them)
What is your favorite toy?
"My Toy Story guys and my cars that are delicate" (remote control cars)
What is your favorite game?
"Blokus"
What is your favorite restaurant?
"Sweet Tomatoes" (he's going to have to find a new favorite in Boise--no S.T. here!)
What is your favorite holiday?
"Um... Sunday!" (Then, after an explanation of holidays), "Halloween!"
If you could change your name, what name would you choose? "Loco"
Where would you like to go on vacation?
"Say Loco!"
Where would you like to go on vacation, Loco?
"Ben & Becky's house"
What do you love about Ellie?
"I love it when she goes to sleep... and when she plays with me."
Pretty good stuff. Love you Gav!
Oh, Ang, that is so sweet! What a doll!
ReplyDeleteI think you live close enough now that we should arrange a visit. Hmmm. I'll have to ponder that.
Oh, and apparently you and I have the same job.
Cute interview! I am so honored Gavin picked our house as his favorite vacation spot!
ReplyDelete