Monday, September 13, 2010

From the cutting room floor

The Day by Day blog is really pretty easy to do & maintain... ONE picture per day. How hard is that? Although sometimes I'm scrambling for a picture at the end of the day, many times it's tough to choose one out of the multitude. Take today for example... maybe it's because Darin's been gone for 3 days, and he's sworn us to take (and email him) photos every day--some excuse about blogs being banned in China... :) So I took 79 photos today. It didn't help that the kids were being cute this morning, or that it was a gorgeous day outside this afternoon... then there were the beets, etc. Of course, some were too dark, some too blurry, some just not good, so by the time I weeded through them, I kept 54. That's still a lot--I could probably delete some more & keep just the very best. Anyway, I thought I'd do a post of some of my favorites that didn't make the cut for photo of the day.

(Ellie was being so cuddly this morning... it's not usually so easy to get her to stay put for pictures!)
Then she got dolled up for a trip to Wal-Mart. I love this little dress of the Williams' (although it's more of a shirt length on her now--almost time to give it back...)
Love those little toes... As I'm snapping away at Ellie, Gavin called from the fireplace, "Take a picture of me, Mom!" Yes sir!  He's such a good boy...
After Wal-Mart, playtime in the backyard! (and we didn't even go down the toy aisles today!)
Some are blurry and good, all at the same time. See what I mean?
This boy loves sticks... and the weeping willow loves to drop them. Just wait till he sees the leaves!
Trying some different angles...
Finally, tonight after Gavin & Ellie were tucked in, I came back downstairs for a drink of water & noticed Plastic Man on the counter, in a bit of a pickle... holy jump rope, Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment