The day started out like any other.
We all woke up, Darin left for work, I showered while the kids played, folded some laundry, Ellie took a nap, Gavin played Wii Lego Star Wars while I looked online for some new winter boots (I've had my go-to casual boots since 1997--really. Still love them, but they're starting to fall apart.) We met Darin for lunch at Qdoba, went to the library to return an Olivia DVD & check out some travel books on Yellowstone for our joint 40th birthday get-away this weekend! Came home, Ellie had a nap while I made a little birthday cake (used fresh raspberries instead of the raspberry sauce), and Gavin played Wii Lego Star Wars some more. Got some fun birthday phone calls from family, read some library books to Gavin & Ellie, Darin came home, went out to dinner at Flatbread Community Oven (Napoli pizza. mmmmm). Stopped at a shoe store on the way home, still looking for boots, then Walmart for some last minute necessities for the trip. Got home, tucked Ellie in, Darin surprised me with 2 gifts: a 50mm fixed lens for the camera and a pair of winter boots that I'd tried on & liked the day before, but decided to keep looking for a better deal. They'll be nice & cozy comfortable for winter & for this weekend! Frosted the cake, Darin & Gavin sang "Happy Birthday," ate the cake, practiced with the new lens, tucked Gavin in, uploaded photos & updated the blog while "watching" Modern Family, The Middle, Survivor & other miscellaneous shows on the DVR, had a second piece of cake (we're leaving tomorrow!) and here we are! Ready for bed. A good day.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a great day; Happy Birthday! (and welcome to the 40's!)
ReplyDeleteps...I'm glad you watch The Middle; it might be my favorite show!